PTF- Parent Teacher Fellowship
The purpose of the PTF is to connect parents, grandparents, and teachers in fellowship and to grow that relationship by serving in special events and projects throughout the year, as well as to secure the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education for our children and youth. Below is a list of some of the things we were able to accomplish in 2017-2018 with your help, a list of our fundraisers last year, and some opportunities for you to get involved and be a part of this great organization.
PTF Accomplishments for the 2017-2018 year with your help:
• Provided lunch for all teachers and staff prior to school start
• Provided and served refreshments for Grandparents' Day
• Organized and supported Fall and Spring Pictures, Cap and Gown and Senior Portraits
• Paid for fencing that lines the property along the playground for safety
• Purchased 20 iPads for the classrooms
• Purchased 10 Chromebooks for the classrooms
• Paid for a new basketball court for the playground
• Provided paper products for Thanksgiving feast
• Provided gift cards for all teachers and staff for Christmas
• Paid out approximately $2,000 in teacher’s grants for the classrooms
• Provided treats for teachers throughout the year in the teachers' lounge
• Provided refreshments, decorations, and served for all end of the year celebrations, including Senior class graduation
• Provided and served refreshments for the NHS induction ceremony
• Coordinated Room Moms for all grade levels
• Provided end-of-the-year teacher and staff luncheon at the Country Club
• Provided the Kona Ice Truck and dunk booth on field day
• Provided pizza and popsicles for all Box Tops celebrations throughout the year
• Purchased and delivered gift cards for Teacher Appreciation Week
• Sponsored one boy to Palmetto Boys State
• Sponsored one girl to Palmetto Girls State
• Replaced flooring in Chemistry Lab
How We Did It (2017-2018) - Fundraising:
• Lifetouch- Fall and Spring Pictures, Senior Portraits and Cap and Gown Portraits (yes, these are fundraisers)
• Charleston Wrap Fundraiser
• World’s Finest Chocolate
• Rewards programs such as Box Tops and Harris Teeter VIC Card
How Can You Help?
• The PTF always welcomes volunteers of every availability and skill.
• Fill out Volunteer Pledge form at the PTF table during registration or online.
• Please join the Harris Teeter rewards program, making sure your card is linked to “TKA”.
• Send in those Box Tops! You would be amazed how much money is made through this.
• Support our fundraisers-this is how the PTF is able to impact the school.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us: