The Mission of The King’s Academy
TKA exists to glorify God in a covenant relationship with Christian families to provide a Christ-centered, comprehensive education.
Minds and Hearts coming fully alive in Christ
We are an enthusiastically Christian school. Our educational mission promotes each student’s spiritual, academic, social, moral, and physical development through a college preparatory curriculum and a Christian staff. Our curriculum and staff are grounded in Biblical values and teaching as well as Christian tradition. As we inspire and equip our students’ scholastic development through a challenging and rigorous educational program, we also seek for our students to embrace six core values. Those values are Christ-centeredness, discipleship, excellence, integrity, love, and servanthood (defined below). Our holistic educational program’s aim is to inspire and equip each student in the following:
- To seek and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To apply Biblical truths to their lives.
- To discover and develop their God-given gifts through our college preparatory course of study to bring Christ-like service to their community.
This school-wide endeavor is displayed through many efforts, some of which are listed here.
- Our staff are committed Christians.
- Our Faculty hold university degrees and an Association of Christian Schools International teaching certificate.
- Each day, we begin with prayer and a focus on God’s word.
- Through weekly Scripture memorization efforts, our teachers plant the Word of God in our students’ hearts.
- Teachers look to integrate Biblical principles, concepts, and values into their lessons to reinforce that God’s Truth is evident in His entire creation, no matter the discipline or subject.
- Organized Team Outreach Ministries are provided monthly for middle and high school students to demonstrate our love to our neighbors.
- One week each year is dedicated to Missions. Middle and high school students may choose to minister locally, nationally, and internationally.
The King’s Academy’s Core Values
Christ-centered- Seeking to follow and please Jesus Christ in all our individual and corporate ways (1Corinthians 10:31-11:1; Philippians 2:4-5).
Discipleship- Cultivating a maturing relationship with Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19; John 8:31; Acts 14:21-22).
Excellence- Pursuing, both individually and collectively, a maximization of our God-given gifts and talents to His honor (Philippians 4:8; Colossians 3:23-24).
Integrity- Modeling Christ in our words and actions (Proverbs 11:3; 2 Corinthians 8:21).
Love- Growing in love…, for of faith, hope, and love, the greatest of these is love (1 Corinthians 13:13; Colossians 3:14).
Servanthood- Imitating Christ’s example of selfless support of others (Matthew 20:28; Romans 12:10 & 13; 1 John 3:16-18).
Trinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
The King’s Academy is a ministry of Trinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church. TEPC serves as the spiritual overseer and covering for the school. The King’s Academy highly values this spiritual covering.